ALDE provides six different membership options – General, Sustaining, Individual, Honorary, Student and Associate Membership. All these members enjoy the benefits of attending our General Meetings and AGM, however there are notable differences between member categories, based on professional requirements. The additional benefits are listed below:
- Consultancies or companies employing persons who are eligible to be Members of the Institution of Engineers and/or are engaged on a consultancy basis in providing expertise and services as engineering consultants to the Land Development Industry.
- General Membership enjoys many benefits, such as networking, exclusive access to industry library, inclusion in directories, industry participation and events, among others.
- This membership category carries voting rights, limited to one vote per company.
- Suppliers and contractors to the Land Development Industry that are financial sponsors of ALDE. They can be an Authority, a private or public company or an individual providing goods and/or services to the industry.
- Sustaining members enjoy benefits such as working committee participation, networking, advertising, promotion, including presentation opportunities at events.
- Four tiers of Sustaining membership are available, offering a range of member benefits. For all the details download PDF here:
- This membership category does not carry voting rights.
- An individual who is eligible to be a Member of the Institution of Engineers and/or is engaged on a consultancy basis in providing expertise and services as an engineering consultant to the Land Development Industry at large, and who has nominated and approved for Membership as provided in these Rules and not an employee of a company eligible to be a Company Member or Sustaining Member.
- Individual members enjoy all the benefits related to General Membership, such as networking, exclusive access to industry library, inclusion in directories, industry participation and events, and personal development.
- An Individual Member must be over the age of 18 years.
- This membership category carries individual voting rights.
- Persons who have received either the Bill Foley Award or the ALDE Recognition Award automatically become Honorary members of the Association.
- An honorary Member shall be entitled to all the privileges and be subject to all benefits of a Company Member representative during his or her life without any further payment, annual or otherwise of any subscription.
- Upon retirement from practice, he or she shall not be entitled to any voting rights but shall be entitled to hold a position on the Board.
- A student who is eligible to be a member of the Institution of Engineers and is currently undertaking a diploma / degree of Civil Engineering.
- Student Membership enjoys all the benefits related to General Membership, such as networking, exclusive access to industry library, industry participation and events, and personal development.
- This membership does not carry voting rights.
- A Student Member must be over the age of 18 years.
- An Associate Member is a free membership that offers information transfer to like Associations, such as Civil Contractors Federation, Urban Development Institute of Australia, Association of Consulting Surveyors, IPWEA, CPAA, etc.
- Membership is at an organisational level, not an individual and there are no reciprocal rights to the organisation’s members to other ALDE membership entitlements or benefits.
- This membership does not carry voting rights.
For more information regarding rates, please contact the ALDE office. To apply for membership, please complete the attached form and send it to the ALDE Executive Officer via email email@example.com
In addition to the above membership options, members can also participate in various sub-committees. Committee members will be required to contribute by sharing their knowledge and actively seek innovation and continuous improvement for our profession. Members can seek to join the committees that best suit their individual skill set and niche area of expertise.
- Safety & Environment Committee
- Training Committee
- Media & Communications Committee
- Telecommunications & Gas Committee
- Electrical Committee
- Local Government Committee
- MRWA Review Committee
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Governance Committee
- Awards Committee
- Special Events Committee
- Membership Committee
- Future Directions Committee
- Young Engineers in Land Development (Yeild)
For further information regarding any of ALDE’s sub-committees contact us.
ALDE provides members with a variety of channels to promote their company profile. There are four tiers within sustaining membership – Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Each level provides different opportunities for participation, advocacy, promotion, networking and influence. The wealth of experience and knowledge within the association continuously grows and with that also its authority as an Industry leader.
Each level of ALDE membership has a single, annual fee with no joining fees. To discuss pricing for the Sustaining Membership options, please contact our Executive Officer on (03) 9876 6655.